Gridbox is a headless Wordpress website builder that makes use of Wordpress and its default Gutenberg editor to create and manage your website content and display in a Gridsome website.
Traditional WordPress consist of the admin panel and the website that are tied together. A headless WordPress in the other hand do separate these. Make sure your development environment is ready for both back-end and front-end.
Recommended setup to run WordPress
Recommended setup to run Gridsome
There are 2 steps for setting up your project
- Installing WordPress and configuring Gridbox Theme
- Running Gridsome front-end
Install WordPress on a subdomain and NOT the main domain. For example if your website domain is mywebsite.com, your WordPress installation should be on wordpress.mywebsite.com. This way we reserve the main domain for the front-end that will be deployed on a serverless platform.
After you have installed WordPress, you can start installing Gridsome theme following these steps:
- In your WordPress admin go to Appearance/Themes - Add New and upload both gridbox-theme and gridbox-child-theme.
- Activate Gridbox Child theme
- Go to Appearance/Install Plugins and start Installing required plugins. Make sure plugins are activated.
You can import the demo content shown in the demo to your WordPress installation. To import one of the predefined demos go to Appearance/Import Demo Data and select your ideal demo and click import.
After you have imported the demo content, you can delete "One Click Demo Import" plugin as we don't need it anymore.